by Thiago G. Monteiro, Jiafeng Xu and Henrique M. Gaspar
(hega @ hials.no), v0.1, Nov 2015.
A Ship Design and Operations Lab App.
Block Coefficient :
Linear Resist. Coef. [m/s]
Roll Lin. Damp. Coef.[kgm2/s]
Initial Heave. [m]
Initial Roll. [rad]
Initial Pitch. [rad]
|Name||X position (m)||Y position (m)||Z position (m)||Mass (kg)||Length (m)||Height (m)||Width (m)|
- A barge like vessel is floating on the still water surface, the motion, induced wave and added mass effect is neglected
- It's calculated a time series of linear roll and heave, with three degress of freedom (x, y and rad)
- Model is considered stable (GM > 0), and Roll ressonates when GM < 0
- Block Coefficient is used in calculations, but not plotted in the transversal and longitudinal animations
- The body fixed reference frame is located at the geometric center of the vessel
Animation and Plots :